Wye Valley Brewery is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Wye Valley Brewery may change this policy from time to time by updating this page, therefore you should check this page regularly to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 28th July 2016.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site.
Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
Cookies used by the website
Used by the Add This social media links on our site. Expires at the end of the session.
Used by the Add This social media links on our site. Expires after 2 years.
We use Google Analytics to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. The cookies set by Google Analytics are:
_utma Contains a random number. Expires after 2 years.
_utmb Contains a random number and expires after 30 minutes.
_utmc Contains a random number. Expires at the end of your session.
_utmz Contains a random number details of the referring website. Expires after 6 months.
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit Google Opt-Out.
Cookies used by the Shopping Cart
The shopping cart facilities on our site are provided by www.mcssl.com. This site uses a range of cookies that are principally to allow the shopping cart to function (such as by recording what you’ve placed into the cart).
Information about you:
- Your name
- Contact information including email address
- Financial details such as debit and credit card numbers
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to process orders, understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping
- To enable online purchasing of our products and services
- We may use the information to improve our products and services
- We may periodically send promotional email about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone or mail
- We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. Our shopping cart system uses industry standard security features, which can be verified via the ‘Your order is safe and secure’ link on the checkout page. Any financial details (such as credit or debit card numbers) are only taken to enable purchases that you have made, and are automatically erased from our system after 30 days.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website.
Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
CONTROLLING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
What are your rights with personal information?
- Request access to your personal data. This enables you to receive details of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are processing it lawfully.
- Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you.
- Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have exercised your right to object to processing.
- Object to processing of your personal data where we are replying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this basis. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal data about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
If you want to exercise any of the above rights, in the first instance email our data protection point of contact.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request for access is clearly either unfounded or excessive. Alternatively, in such circumstances, we may refuse to comply with the request.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us to confirm your identity and ensure your right to access the information (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is another appropriate security measure to ensure that personal information is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.